THE PRINCIPLES BEHIND
In the 21st of a globally connected world, many business rules are being rewritten. Organizations are shifting from one dimensional to integrative thinking and from top-down to collaborative, systemic and agile strategy design and execution.
A collaborative and systemic approach in strategy and design and execution promotes an “always-on” strategy, stronger alignment, better connectivity, collective intelligence, seamless cascading and self-directed, agile execution.
The idea is that an organization is a whole system that cannot be reduced to independent parts. It is based on the understanding that:
- An organization is a complex puzzle.
- No single person or group understands the entire puzzle, but everyone holds a piece of the puzzle that is important to the overall picture.
- When viewed collectively the pieces provide a more holistic understanding of the system and its potential for change.
- To understand the entire puzzle, all piece holders must meet and work together.
- If everyone is working on the system together to implement change, it will happen more quickly and effectively.