Management Success in the 21st Century
My success, as a leader, depends on the success of my team and the contribution we make to the strategy and success of our organization. It is thus my role as leader to give direction to my team:
- Understand the context in which we operate in.
- Clarify the purpose of our team.
- Define our objectives and measures in line with the organization’s strategy.
How do we do all of this:
1. Design the Matrix
Seamless process in collaboration with my team. Each point in the Matrix is enriched with analysis and knowledge.
2-3. Link and set targets for KPIs
KPIs are linked to intersects. In each intersect data can be uploaded and trends tracked.
4-5. Brainstorm and filter ideas
Define, align, assess, filter and vote for new ideas.
6. Plan the execution
Plan, track and evaluate initiatives through their entire lifecycles.
7. Execute tasks
Manage and align daily tasks to initiatives and track through a Kanban.
8-9. Assess initiatives and KPIs
Track initiatives and monitor KPIs.
10. Review the Matrix
Evaluate the health of the Matrix and continually improve it.
Finally, successful execution empowers us to:
- Make the link between our day-to-day tasks, the initiatives we implement and the objectives and strategies we pursue.
- Understand that not all our ideas will bring success, but that it is a continuous process of learning, trying, measuring and changing.
- Understand that it is better to finish one thing at a time than having a multitude of halfcomplete initiatives that will never generate value. It is important to manage our initiatives along the lines of a Kanban system and limit work in progress where necessary.
- Have the discipline to measure and define a finite number of KPI’s so that we can track them and ensure that our efforts pay off.
- Ensure that the team regularly strategizes in a process that is continuous, collaborative and creative.